Background Information and Qualifications
About R.J. Moore
R.J. Moore (Robert James Moore) has roots on the Monterey Peninsula that date back to the early 1960's when his father was an Army officer, and was transferred to Fort Ord. The family moved to Carmel Valley in 1965. Moore attended All Saints Day School in Carmel Valley, Robert Luis Stevenson School in Pebble Beach, and Carmel High School. After earning a college degree in Industrial Science from Humboldt State University, Arcata, California, Moore returned to the peninsula in 1986 to pursue a career in residential building construction.
He was introduced to the property inspection business by his father, who founded R.J. Moore and Associates in 1974, an inspection company that became one of the largest in the United States. The company was sold to U.S. Inspect in the mid 1990's.
After becoming a licensed General Contractor in 1990, and subcontracting for 5 years with the Real Estate Inspection Group, Los Altos, California, Moore founded R.J. Moore Home Inspections in 2001.
With over 20 years experience as a builder and property inspector, and with over 8000 property inspections completed, Moore has acquired a unique perspective of the inspection process, combining the timeless inspection techniques developed by his father with the latest technology of inspection report delivery.
The company has earned a reputation that makes it the standard by which other inspection companies are measured. In 2019 and 2020, Moore was honored with the Golden Cypress Award of appreciation from Carmel Realty Company, Carmel, California.
Moore is a former hang glider pilot, surfer, and ceramic potter. He and his wife Leticia have two teenage sons, Robert and Samuel.
Formal Education - Training - Experience
- Bachelor of Science Degree:
Industrial Science- Humboldt State University. Arcata, California. 1986.
- 1986-1990 Journeyman Carpenter:
Journeyed under seven separate custom home builders on the Monterey Peninsula, CA.
- General Building Contractor (B-License). California State License Board. 1990. Lic. 608218. 1990-1997 Supervised as principal contractor for renovation of residential buildings in the San Francisco Bay Area and Monterey Peninsula
- Tile Contractor (C-54 Ceramic and Mosaic License). California State License Board 1996. Lic. 608218. 1997-2004. Supervised as principal and subcontractor for renovation of residential buildings in the San Francisco Bay Area and Monterey Peninsula.
- Home Inspector certification: Inspection Training Associates, Oceanside, CA. 2003.
- Former member and Certified Inspector of the California Real Estate Inspectors Association. 2003.
- Mold Testing Certification: Inspection Training Associates. 2004.
- Property Inspector/Subcontractor: Real Estate Inspection Group, Los Altos, CA. 2003-2007.